- The Golden Rule applies. Nuf’ Said! This is NOT a religious comment. It’s just smart thinkin’.
- EVERYONE’s opinion is to be respected, even if you totally disagree. Simply agree to disagree. In other words, no hittin’ people up a’side the head ’til they see the light.
- No posts are allowed that are belittling, derogatory, defamatory, degrading, demeaning, deprecatory, disdainful, dishonoring, disparaging, disruptive, divisive, fault-finding, humiliating, injurious, malevolent, malicious, maligning, minimizing, reproachful, sanctimonious, sarcastic, scornful, slanderous, slighting, spiteful, vengeful, vilifying, etc. You git the point.
- No name callin’.
- No throwin’ things.
- No spittin’ on the sidewalk.
- Keep the cussin’ to a minimum.
- In polite company, religion and politics are NOT discussed.
- Bigotry is NOT allowed under any circumstances.
- No trolls allowed.
- No spam allowed.
- No ads allowed [except mine].
We reserve the right to remove any material posted on this board for any reason, or for no reason at all, at our sole discretion, and without explanation. This includes material that we consider to be disruptive, abusive, offensive, illegal, vulgar, tasteless, or pornographic; or any other material. We further reserve the right to permanently ban anyone from further participation on this board for any reason, or for no reason at all, at our sole discretion, and without explanation.
Otherwise, feel free to talk about any topic, from health to humor, anything and everything, including narcissism.
- How do I participate in the Support Group? Do I have to register or log-in?
- What do the acronyms mean?
No registration is necessary for reading or posting. And, your post will appear as soon as you click the Post Message button. (Unlike other support groups, your posts don’t have to be approved before they appear.)
If you wish to add a reply to someone’s existing topic, go to that topic and click on the Reply tab at the top right or bottom right of the page.
If you want to start your own topic, go to the main page of our Support Group and click on the New Topic tab at the top right or bottom right of the main page. You’ll be taken to another page where you will enter your New Topic in the Message Subject line.
Whether you want to add a reply to an existing topic or start a new one, the remaining entries are the same on both forms.
- In the Your Name space, we recommend that you use an easy-to-remember alias instead of your real name. This will help protect your privacy. In fact most of our posters use aliases.
- Even though there is a space for your email address, that’s entirely optional. About half of our posters add their email address. If you are concerned about your privacy, I would leave the email address space blank.
If you add a reply to an existing topic, your reply will appear as the last item on the last page of the topic. However, if you start a New Topic, it will appear in the middle the front page of the board. TIP: Most posters prefer to start a New Topic. That way, everyone’s replies to your topic are in one convenient place.
ACON — Adult Child(ren) of Narcissistic [Parent(s)]
ACORN — Adult Child(ren) of Rotten Narcissistic [Parent(s)]
ALF — Assisted Living Facility
B — Brother
BIL — Brother-in-Law
CT — CT Scan test
DH — Dear Husband
DNR — Do Not Resuscitate Order
EC — Extreme Caregiver
FIL — Father-in-Law
FOO — Narcissistic Family of Origin
IMHO — In My Humble Opinion
IMO — In My Opinion
MIL — Mother-in-Law
N — Narcissist or Narcissistic
NC — No Contact
Ndad — Narcissistic Dad
NF — Narcissistic Father
NFIL — Narcissistic Father-in-Law
NMIL — Narcissistic Mother-in-Law
Nmom or NM — Narcissistic Mom
NH — Nursing Home
NP — Narcissistic Parent
OP — Original Poster
PCP — Primary Care Physician
POA — Power of Attorney
S — Sister
SIL — Sister-in-Law